Expensify.org is reimbursing families using SNAP with $50 for groceries. Follow these instructions:
1) Purchase groceries using your SNAP (EBT) card and save the receipt!
2) Download Expensify on iOS or Android for free
3) Join the Expensify.org/hunger policy on this site:
4) SmartScan the receipt on which will tell us how much you paid and show that it was paid for with an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card. Make sure your SmartScanned expense contains the following details:
- Merchant name = “Merchant name”
- Total = Change to $50 if the EBT purchase amount is greater than $50
- Category = Volunteer Reimbursement
- Class = Expensify.org/hunger
- Description = “Purchase with SNAP card”
- Receipt image = Image of the receipt with a clearly legible total of SNAP benefits used
5) Submit it to
6) Set up your bank account to receive the funds. So long as they have funds available, they will reimburse up to $50 per family (one time).