Hosted by Horizons for Homeless Children, this is the only national conference that focuses exclusively on young children and their families who experience homelessness.
Don’t forget to sign up before March 29 in order to enjoy a special Early Bird rate of $325! Join Horizons for two powerful days of speakers and workshops as we come together to improve the lives of the 1.6 million children experiencing homelessness nationwide.
- Dr. Samuel J. Meisels, President of the Erikson Institute – key-note presentation
- Mayor Thomas M. Menino, Mayor of the City of Boston
- Congressman Barney Frank, U.S. Representative for Massachusetts’ 4th Congressional District
- Rob Grunewald, Associate Economist of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
- Dr. Lauren Smith, Medical Director at the Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- Dr. Jane Waldfogel, Professor of Social Work and Public Affairs, Columbia University School of Social Work
The Conference will offer a selection of over 40 workshops on early education and care, family support, advocacy, supportive housing for families, best practices, research and evaluation, and interdisciplinary perspectives on family homelessness.
This is a wonderful opportunity to learn about key issues in the field, including innovative initiatives in Massachusetts and across the nation.
- When: May 30 & 31, 2012
- Where: Boston Park Plaza Hotel – 50 Arlington Street Boston, MA